Summer 2020 Free Tackle Clinics for Grades 6-8
Dear DJFL Community:
DJFL is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our football community. We understand that everyone wants to get back out on the field, but this must be done with strict focus on the safety of the players, coaches and families while following state and local guidelines for resumption of activities. With that said, DJFL is happy to announce that starting Monday June 22 we will be starting our Free Summer Clinics, which are voluntary pre-seasons skills and conditioning workouts. The Summer Clinics are open to all players who have registered for the 2020 DJFL Tackle Season who will be going into grades 6th-8th this fall at the Darien High School Stadium.
The clinics will be under the direction of the DJFL Board and DJFL Coaches on Sunday morning and Monday evenings. The Fairfield County Football League (FCFL) allows 2 hours per week of non-contact development in the pre-season, however, due to the COVID outbreak, we are choosing to follow CIAC recommendations and limit activity time to 60 minutes per session. The goal of the clinics will be to provide a safe return to the youth athletic experience and a way for players to build up their physical conditioning and skills developments after several months off.
In accordance with CIAC guidelines, our schedule will be:
6th Grade: Sundays 8:30-9:30am AND Mondays 5:30-6:30pm
7th & 8th Grade: Sunday10:00 – 11:00am AND Monday’s from 7:00-8:00pm
In accordance with state and local guidelines, we are required to limit each session to a maximum of 50 players. We will be using Sign-up Genius to track player registration numbers so we can ensure we staff each session with the appropriate amount of coaches. You will receive a separate email to sign-up your player and reserve a spot.
Your child's safety is our #1 priority. DJFL’s criteria for participation is set forth below:
- All Players must complete a DJFL Informed Consent Form – all players are required to have a form on file before participating in any DJFL activity – we cannot make any exceptions. Click on the link for the form.
- Each player must check-in and enter the DHS Stadium through the main stadium archway. We ask that each player exit the Stadium through the Stadium East entrance to ensure adequate distancing.
- As part of the check-in we will be verifying that each player has Self-Screened prior to arrival - we ask that each parent make sure their player is not displaying the following symptoms associated with COVID-19:
- Fever – temperature higher than 100.3
- Nasal Congestion
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat
- DJFL will have a Safety Officer at each session
- Hand-sanitizer and wipes will be available for use
- Start and Stop times between grades will be staggered to allow for distancing and for the DJFL coaching staff to sanitize the equipment. We ask that you please arrive promptly but no more than 15 minutes ahead of the designated time and depart the field immediately following the session.
- With a 50 player maximum, we will be sub-dividing players into groups of 10.
- All coaches will wear face covering when social distancing can’t be maintained and will strictly enforce social distancing on the field
- All equipment will be sanitized between classes, and more frequently if necessary
- Bathrooms will not be available for use
- Highly recommended that parents drop-off and pick-up players and depart after ensuring a safe check-in
- Guidelines for Players:
- Must be symptom free for 14 days before participating in Summer Clinics
- We ask that all players who are feeling ill (fever, cough, nausea, etc. ) to stay home
- Per CIAC guidelines, players are not required to wear masks or face coverings during play, however they must wear before and after sessions where social distancing cannot be maintained
- There will be absolutely no player to player contact
- Each player must bring their own clearly labeled water bottles and not share with any other players
- Highly recommend each player wear football gloves
- There will be no fist bumps, high fives, or interaction that is not consistent with social distancing
We feel strongly that there is no purpose to return to attend the Summer Clinics if our players, families and coaches are concerned with the transmission of COVID-19, these are optional offerings.
We look forward to seeing you during these free clinics.
If you have any questions please feel free to call, email or text.